Marija is a clinical psychology registrar and one of the newest additions to our team. She completed a Master of Clinical Psychology at Western Sydney University and over the past six years has worked with children with autism and other neurodevelopmental concerns. Marija has a strong interest in working with children and adolescents presenting with a range of mental health and behavioural concerns.
Marija is experienced in and enjoys working with children and adolescents with:
- Emotional Concerns such as anxiety, stress, worries, shyness, sadness.
- Behavioural Concerns such as meltdowns, anger outbursts, aggressiveness, tantrums.
- Social Concerns such as social skills, making friends, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome.
Marija tailors treatment to suit each individual client and their families and uses evidence-based approaches to ensure that each client is given the best possible treatment. Her therapeutic approach is strongly influenced by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. Marija believes in working collaboratively with her clients to set treatment goals and achieve enduring changes through therapy.
Marija is also experienced in the assessment of learning difficulties and can administer and interpret psychometric assessments including:
- IQ and Cognitive assessments (e.g. Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC), Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS))
- Assessments for specific learning disorders such as Dyslexia or Dyscalculia (Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT))
Marija is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and Australian Clinical Psychologist Association (ACPA). Marija is registered to provide services through Medicare and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
During her time off Marija likes to binge-watch Netflix, drink coffee, run at the beach and keep up-to-date with the latest video games her clients tell her about.