The health and safety of our patients and our staff is most important to us.
However, your treatment is also of utmost importance to us.
We wish to let you know that we are operating as per normal but are making the necessary adjustments in accordance with the guidelines of the Federal Government and Department of Health, as well as the Australian Psychological Society. For your information, Government recommendations can be found at this Department of Health website.
The precautionary measures that we are taking include:
- Advising staff and clients to stay at home if they are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms;
- Staff are required to self-isolate for 14 days if they have returned from travel overseas or have come into contact with a known case of COVID-19
- We are advising clients attending the clinic to arrive at the time of their appointment and not before, and ensuring that clinicians finish their sessions on time so as to avoid crowding in the waiting room;
- Should clients feel more comfortable to wait outside we will come and get them when it is time to attend their appointment;
- All clients and staff must wash hands in the bathroom (in hallway) or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the clinic (located at reception);
- Admin staff will be regularly sanitizing benches, door handles, and other materials in common areas throughout the day;
- Toys have been removed from the reception area for the time being. Toys used in therapy will be wiped clean after use by clinicians;
- MCP will monitor the Department of Health and the Australian Psychological Society recommendations daily and will notify staff and clients of any important changes.
There is a lot of misinformation on the internet currently, which can generate much anxiety in people who may already be vulnerable to anxiety symptoms. It is important that factual information is obtained from reliable sources, such as the government websites listed above
The APS have provided this help sheet to assist with anxiety, should this be a problem you are struggling with.
If you are feeling anxious about COVID-19 or wish to organise your appointment to be via video or phone call, please contact our clinic and speak to one of our staff.